Saturday, October 15, 2011

GOYB Week 2 or.. someone stole my tags!

I am not much of an emotional eater, but I can be really bad about snacking when bored. Something that often helps me is chewing gum, since often I want the sensory input of chewing and taste. A slightly less age appropriate is silicone wrist bands.. If I am wearing one and I find myself to be "hungry" I usually stick it into my mouth and chew on it. (Isn't that an image!) Something else that helps is a food log. I'm much less likely to make repetitive trips to the kitchen if I am holding myself accountable for what I eat, as long as my sensory needs are met. A food log also reduces my problem of forgetting to eat all day and then eating like Cheech and Chong.

I'm not going to log my fitness, even though today was my week to start running. Someone stole my plates, so I have been walking to and from work, about 45 minutes each way. If I were just walking that I would feel fine running after, but walking that with about 7 kilograms in my back pack, plus I have a physicalish job.. not gonna happen lol. Got my new plates yesterday so better luck next week.
I did do my strength routine on the proper days at least.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are really working hard!! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just grinned at the thought of you chewing on a wrist band lol

    I've been victim of the eating when doing nothing malice. I guess I'm lucky because I usually turn to fruit and sunflower seeds.

    Glad you got your new plates!

    ReplyDelete

To improve accessibility for all users, comment moderation is used in place of CAPTCHA.