Saturday, October 8, 2011

GOYB: Week One Mini-Challenges and Check In.

What is Get Off Your Broom?  Clicky and find out.
This week there are 3 mini-challenges.
1. Take a before picture. I'm not going to post it until the end, but I did take one.
2. Weight and measurements. Well I have to say I'm probably the only American female who doesn't own a scale. So unless i can find one at the gym, I guess that will be a mystery. As for measurements, I am also going to post them at the end of the thing.
3. Plan.
Brisk walking or other cardio exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes 6 times a week for the first week (this week.)
Follow the c25k program, starting October 9.
Run a 1k fun run on November 24th.
Run a 5k on December 25th.


Sunday: Cardio
Walked 15 minutes at a very brisk pace.
Jogged 2 minutes.
Walked 12 minutes at very brisk pace.
Great workout.. walking that fast with an added jog was interesting. Had "walking subluxations" of both ankles towards the end. Not fun. The rain made traction a bit scary, I wasn't barefoot but in a pair of homemade "minimalist" shoes (chuck taylors with the insoles ripped out. I warmed up after about 5 minutes, came inside and can't stop shivering!

Monday: Strength/Cardio
Squats 2 sets of 12 reps
Lunges 2 sets of 12 reps
Calf raises 2 sets of 12 reps
Tricep dips 2 sets of 12 reps
Knee push ups 2 sets of 12 reps
Swimmers 2 sets of 12 reps
Crunches 2 sets of 12 reps
Walked 40 minutes at very brisk pace.
Okay, it was a bad idea to walk after strength training.. my legs were like "stop, stop, stop!" the whole time.. especially my lower calves! Other than that I felt good and kept the intensity up the whole time.

Tuesday: Cardio
Walked 40 minutes at very brisk pace.
Only 3 days in its already getting easier. I had some pain in my ankles, but nothing that said I had better stop that instant. On Sunday I felt like it was never going to end, today when the chime for the cool down went off I felt like it had just flown by.

Wednesday: Strength/Cardio
45 minute very brisk walk. Seemed really hard today, felt like I only barely survived. I wasn't out of breath or anything, I just felt exhausted. I guess its just normal fluctuation. Same strength training plan as Monday, this time after the walk.

Thursday: Rest Day
Mystery of walking misery solved, I have food poisoning. So I stayed home.

Friday: Rest.
Same as Thursday.

 Saturday: Cardio
Walked 25 minutes at brisk pace. Not my usual time, but I'm still getting back to human. Better luck next week.

3 comments:

  1. I think you did brilliantly especially with food poisoning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plan sounds great! That is a hard workout! You go girl!! :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great! I am trying to add exercise into my day, you kicked butt even after food poisioning. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

To improve accessibility for all users, comment moderation is used in place of CAPTCHA.