Saturday, March 31, 2012

An Elemental Fitness Challenge

This challenge was cancelled, but was revived just in time! Yay!
Im talking about Get Off Your Broom. This challenge is called Spring Into Fitness and to be truly pagan-oriented the goals are based on the Elements.

So here are mine.

Earth
I personally associated Earth with food, because most food grows. If you eat meat, you are usually eating herbivores as well, so the earth in my mind is pretty relevant to our dining. So my earth goals are to pay more attention to my eating habits, and get an adequate ammount of protien. The second one is not usually a problem for most popl bt my body dosnt digest most protien sorces well at all so it is an issue for me.

Air
Exercise the mind. I couldn't find a good association in my mind for air, besides say, cardio, but exercise in general seems to fit under fire for me, so this is it. A reminder to not focus on one thing to the exclusion off all others, a significant struggle for me.

Water
Drink water, but not too much.
I'm restricting myself to drink only water for the duration of the challenge, with two exceptions. I can have one caffinated drink each day, and sports drink to balance my electrolytes, since I am very prone to fainting all summer long.

Fire
Bike for 30 minutes at least three times a week, excluding my commute.
Follow a strength training routine.
Pretty straightforward, I guess. The more mundane fitness stuff youd expect from any other challenge. I'm excluding my commutes to class and theatre geeky goodness because due to my town laws, the fact that my trips around are multi-stop, and not wanting to die, there's a lot of walking, stopping, and waiting at red lights. I need 30 minutes of actual bike time.

Spirit
Complete the Be A Goddess book I have already started.
Meditate daily.
Walk barefoot daily.
None of these things seem particularly fitness related at the surface, but we need to be entire people, not just focused in one area. In my mind anyway. Being barefoot for me is deeply connecting and centering. My bendiness has called the quits on running for now, so I think its important to get in touch some other way.

I am sure many people have integrated their Pagan beliefs into the challenge far better than I have, so what are your goals in the challenge?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I must not be most people because you've done a far better job than I have. My goal for now is to use air to focus better on scheduling exercising and writing and using fire as a fuel to make my workouts more efficient. Then hope for the best.

    P.S. The Sexy, Dark and Bloody Fiction party has began. And there are two giveaways going on, one at Pagan Culture and the other at my writing site. Stop by and join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A significant portion of my goals include hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete

To improve accessibility for all users, comment moderation is used in place of CAPTCHA.